Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Downstate

I left home at 3 a.m. Sunday to drive to Ionia County to stay a couple days with my elderly friend. Arrived at her home at 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

Now I don't have to imagine what her living conditions are. I can see them for myself. Needless to say I've been busy cleaning. We've been out for a couple drives and today I took her to the cemetery to place artificial lilies on her husband's grave.

I know I've mentioned my friend before here. Got to meet the woman who's been stopping by and checking on her - my ex-husband's former girlfriend. So we all had a nice visit and laughed about how his ex wife and ex girlfriend are the ones who bother to help her out. Oh well.

Feel so fortunate to have stayed with her a few days, reminiscing and laughing and wishing to time wouldn't go by so fast. She has an opthamologist appointment next Tuesday & we're all hoping he can do something to restore at least some of her sight.

I head home tomorrow, stopping first at our old home to pick up a few things Sweetie had left behind. Have called home twice a day and thus far all is well. My Dad has his SUV at our home now and has decided to save my brother the dilemma of coming to our home to pick him up for a visit. Of course, we're all waiting to see if a visit is forthcoming.

Went into Save-a-Lot and filled a cart twice with cases of food. Had to stack it all on the back seat to save room for the stuff I'm picking up tomorrow. Great to pay 39-69 cents for canned veggies, etc. instead of 89-$1.39.

Well, have to scoot. Computer time at the library here is almost up. Treesong

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

That's a pretty good savings on the canned goods!

I'm glad you had the chance to visit with your friend! Older folks really welcome visits, I think.

You did good, my friend!

Anonymous said...

It is good to be able to visit and have visitors. Good for the soul of both.

Friends are treasures.
Enjoy you visit, keep us posted

AnnaMouse