Monday, March 22, 2010

Insomnia, Confusion & Zombies

No one in this house had a peaceful, restful night's sleep. About 2 a.m. someone in the neighborhood behind us started yelling. Soon after tires were squealing and I heard a crash. Probably a smashed fender and an arguement between drunken lovebirds. Don't know for sure and I'm not going to investigate.

Next thing I knew Dad was up wandering around asking why I hadn't put his cat outside. Told him it doesn't go out until 8 a.m. and he promptly told me I didn't know poop. Then he turned around, got back in bed and asked me to cover him up. "And please stop making so much noise," he said as I left his room.

He was awake again about 4 a.m. asking for sugar free cough drops and coffee! He forgot his request after using the bathroom but was awake again at 6:40 a.m. After eating a banana he said he'd had a rough night and planned to "sleep all day."

No sooner had he climbed back in bed then there was a loud knock at the door. Scared me because it's rare we have visitors, especially at that hour. It was still dark so I turned the outside light on but saw no one. I stepped away from the door and heard a knock again. This time I went to a window to look at the front steps. On the ground was a man, stumbling around, knocking on the deck. I saw no car so I opened the window to ask what he wanted. "A damn drink would be nice!" he shouted. Took about two seconds to realize it was the jerk next door - our pontoon boat trespasser. I woke Sweetie up and told him to deal with the guy.

One thing you don't want to do is wake Sweetie from a sound sleep! First thing he did was accuse me of "hearing things," followed by stomping his feet down the hall and yelling about no coffee being made. When he heard pounding on the door he asked,"what the hell is that?" Then Dad's standing in the hall yelling about the noise. I calm him down, Sweetie opens the door and yells at the neighbor who stumbles down the driveway. With the commotion over, Sweetie heads for the bedrooom and tells me he's going to "sleep all day!" At least two people in this house have the same idea!

Like I said, whoever thought life in the country was boring and we're weird has no idea what they're talking about.

2 comments:

Northwoods said...

Not very neighborly of ya tree!
Ya could have at least offered the guy a tall glass of gasoline and a match..

Anonymous said...

There is a good reason for not confronting this guy. Though am sure he has been a bully all his life. While he is in mental ward may be your chance to get that fence up. Wish we were closer , we could help. B.