Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Survival Isn't Mandatory

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." - W. Edwards Deming

When I read this statement two concurrent thoughts kept competing for my attention.

One interpretation was: It's not necessary to accept the "Change" promised by Obama because, despite increased government intervention and mandates, your survival isn't mandatory.

Or, it could be interpreted as: It's not necessary to change with every government intervention into my private affairs because I know that survival of the powers that be is not mandatory - though the PTB thinks so.

Either I choose to take care of myself to the best of your ability while resisting government intrusion or I become a co-dependent, delusional, trusting individual who willingly follows the dictates of fear-mongering, lying, criminal morons who think they know what's best for me.

The choice is obvious.

And this thought goes right along with the following statement:

"Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think." - Thomas A. Edison

I'm a five percenter. How about you?

1 comment:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Excellent! Here's to the 5%!! ~Liz