Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moods Are a Passing Breeze - Sometimes

As the world spins out of control I spend more time in solitude and contemplation.

Most of what goes on around me I cannot control, nor would I want to.

There is so much craziness in the world that the goodness is often eclipsed. What we all need is more time with those people and things that bring out the best in us.

Walks in the woods. Camping and canoeing. A nap in the hammock. A quiet spot to read a book or watch wildlife. A family picnic or a long walk along a deserted beach. A child's first steps or an elder's wise counsel.

Very little of these simple things have to cost next months mortgage.

Soothing your soul begins with introspection and time alone. Once you develop that inner awareness away from the everyday drama and distraction you're less affected by every sideshow in town or your own home!


3 comments:

2 Tramps said...

Very well said! Just this morning I took some time to just listen to the quiet and it was very soul calming.

Sixbears said...

Wise words Treesong. We have to focus on what we can affect and take time to enjoy the simple pleasures.

AginKajun said...

"Things", sometimes known as "stuff" seem to become very less important as I get older and being busy has become a real downer to me. I'm really getting tired of this rat race, the only winners are the rats.