Thursday, February 10, 2011

Facebook Began a Revolution!!!

And a certain man in this household is watching with interest as Mubarak prepares to step down in Egypt. He is amazed at what has occurred in 17 days.

Meanwhile, yours truly has busied herself with creating the groundwork for an arts center in our twin communities of Lyons-Muir. To inspire and encourage all our artists - and those who think they're not artistic I created an art page on Facebook.

On February 19th I hold my first class, thanks to our librarian's offer of a meeting room. Eight through 14 year olds will do collages of found and donated materials. The library space isn't ideal but it's a beginning.

Though I'm by no means a great art has informed and adorned my life. I want people here, especially the children to have that opportunity. Art has the ability to transform lives and communities.

Already, people are posting their artwork on the site and encouraging one another.

Another example of a small revolution in our community, thanks to Facebook.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming big, collecting donated supplies and money and believing someone will step forward with a permanent location for the art gallery/studio.

In a world full of depression, suicide, domestic violence, alcoholism, drugs, unemployment and poverty, the opportunity to create art while building relationships can lead to other possibilities.

If you're interested in joining us in some fashion in this effort please email me at treesonggal@yahoo.com.

Have a great day folks. Treesong

5 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Oh, sugar...I wish I lived nearby...

I wish you luck with this!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Anonymous said...

Treesong----a one woman, art revoltion. Good for you. Instead of waiting for someone else to do it, or a government grant. :) B.

vlad said...

That is a wonderful idea. I hope many will help make your art center.

vlad said...

That is a wonderful idea. I hope that many will help you.

HermitJim said...

Excellent endeavor, my friend! I do hope it's successful!