Friday, May 8, 2009

If I Ever Mention...


If ever, for the rest of my life, I mention that I am considering moving. Please shoot me.

It is difficult enough being out of shape, having Fibromyalgia and MS and trying to pack an enclosed trailer. It is doubly difficult loading furniture and boxes with a man who has mis-read the measuring tape every single time he's used it today.

It is insane to believe he has told me EVERYTHING about the first phone call this morning from a couple wanting to look at this place. Never mind NOT mentioning the second or third phone call to me. Where was I, you ask? Showing the first couple around the back field. I had been told they would arrive "late this evening."

What THEY had said was, "We were out late in the evening so we won't get to your place until noon instead of 10 a.m."

But lucky me, he thinks I've done such a grand job of packing - and repacking when he mis-measures - that he now wants to make another trip to the Upper Peninsula with this borrowed trailer. "Then the last load can be the 26' U-Haul with all my stuff with a flatbed behind it hauling the tractor," he says.

"I thought that's what you said you wanted to do anyway?"

He says, "Did I?"

I say, "WHATEVER!!!!" And then added, "When we get this load up there I'll stay. You can come back and pack up your stuff!!!"

And then he says, "Are you mad at me?" as he scrapes the dining room table top along the corner of the metal shelving.

If I were a drinker, I'd be plastered. So Mayberry, and Busted and whomever else cares to indulge, please do so on my behalf.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gawd I HATE MOVING!!!! I have been where you are right now and its never pretty! Just know the worst will soon be over. I know, I know....but it will.
As for the other I'll have a couple for ya tonite!!

treesong said...

Please make it a double!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to count your many blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said 3 moves equals one fire? It's always added stress on a relationship during a move. We moved 3 times our first year married. Luckily, she really does love me. We are where we want to be and I've told her I'm NOT moving again. I'd rather pass on "good opportunities" than move again. I moved A LOT when I was a kid. Enough is enough.
YeOldFurt

treesong said...

While enjoying my first cup of coffee this morning, I was reflecting on the fact that I HAVE survived over 30 moves in my adult life. There were about seven in my childhood. so I will survive this one two. Sometimes, though, a person just has to vent.

HermitJim said...

Hey, having a blog and friends to vent to is good! Now if you could get all your blogging friends to come help in the move, wouldn't that be great?

First one's for you, Girl!

Anonymous said...

"If ever, for the rest of my life, I mention that I am considering moving. Please shoot me"....my exact words to hubby this week as we moved! LOL.
Having said that we love this place and plan on spending the rest of our days here...the next and ONLY move I will be making will be in a pine box out the door LMAO!

Phil said...

Got ya covered honey.
Just now trying to get awake after tying one on for a good cause.
There was a fundraiser for Alzheimers at one of the local establishments yesterday.

As fer moving, you have my sincerest condolences.
I bet I have moved over fifty times in my life. I am practically a Gypsy.
HATE IT!!

Good luck and God bless, get out the Aleve!

treesong said...

Busted,

My mama always said we had gypsy blood in us! And how did you know I've been hitting the bottle of Aleve. I have four bottles: one in the truck, one in my purse, one next to my chair and one in the medicine cabinet. Great stuff. Thanks for your support, Treesong

Dragon said...

One thing about moving,it gets over sooner but always feels like later.
I like the new place. It has a ton of potential.