Friday, March 20, 2009

News Today: Sales, Sales

We've been emailing back and forth since yesterday with a couple interested in our place. This morning just as I opened their latest email, the phone rang. Sweetie answered it. His sister was calling to say there was an offer on their mom's place next door to us. He and his siblings have agreed to accept the offer. By May 1st he'll have his share of the proceeds. Once he hung up, I read the email. We've been offered a land contract (which we've always been skeptical of and needing cash to buy another place) with a sizable amount down, payments of $1,000 a month for three years with a small balloon payment at the end.

In addition, I had asked the person emailing us about their email "handle." What a surprise to realize I knew them via a former affiliation with a church in the Upper Peninsula! so now I have confirmation that God does move in mysterious ways and we shall see what develops.

Oh, I also emailed our realtor to say we'd be up there to make an offer around Easter if not before. He said, "You two were the only ones to ever look at that place. Now, this weekend I'm showing it to someone else!" OUCH!!!

But, once again, if not this place it will be something better. Maybe my faith is just being tested! Treesong

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Just keep fighting the good fight and hold on to the faith that all will work out for the best!

My best, most positive thoughts are with you!