Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He's On His Way!

Closure went smoothly for Sweetie and he called at 10 a.m. saying he was heading home.

I called him at 5 p.m. and he had just arrived in St. Ignace. He had stopped to fix the boat trailer lights twice and had wheel bearings go on one tire on the boat trailer - just as he pulled into a rest area. Thankfully, he had spare parts and tires with him.

I expect him here sometime between 11 p.m. and midnight. According to the weather map, there is snow falling across most of the state. Heavier accumulations east and south of us but freezing rain mixed with snow in some areas to the north.

Lady knows he's on his way home. She has been on the front deck twice this afternoon whining for him and looking south.

I'll be glad when he's home. I know he's talented and resourceful but he's driving a 97 Ford F150 truck with well over 250,000 miles and lots of strange noises. The truck bed is loaded and his topper attached. The 22' Carver sits on a heavy duty trailer and towers over the truck. Thank God, thus far there are no high winds along his route.

Well, going to watch the news and call my Dad with a progress report.

4 comments:

HossBoss said...

Prayers for Sweetie's safe journey ...and peace for you (and Lady!) until he arrives back home. I know you'll be waiting up for him.

: )

Mayberry said...

Those wheel bearings always like to go out on long trips. When I happen to have a boat trailer, I repack the bearings once a year and put in new seals. Cheap insurance... Glad to hear your move is complete! Ours, not quite...

HermitJim said...

I do hope that he has a safe trip and gets home without further trouble!

At least the weather is co-operating a little, right?

You take care, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated, sitting on pins and needles wondering.
You'll be so relieved to see that boat turn in the drive. B.