Saturday, January 3, 2009

Frustrating!

I'm told it's the little things that undo us, that drive us over the edge.

I agree.

First, I discovered that Sweetie had knocked an open bleach bottle off the dryer - and walked away from it. It would be like him to not turn around, bend down, and pick it up! So the bleach seeps throughout the bathroom rug, beneath the washer and dryer, and over any other flat surface it could for nearly an hour before I discover it.

The noxious fumes were about on par with my frustration - to put it mildly.

Of course, after I'm done cleaning up the mess, he comes home. I ask him about the bleach and he says, "Well, I didn't look to see if it was open. Why would it be open?"

Damn. He's got me cornered again.

I had opened the bottle, put some in the washer and rushed out of the room to answer the phone. Once sidetracked by the phone call it was all downhill. The dishes caught my attention; then Kitty Kitty wrapping herself in the plastic bags I'd left on the kitchen table; then the phone rings again. What is this? Our phone rings maybe three times a week!

By then my hometown newpaper had been posted so I read that. Finally, I realize the washer has stopped so off I go to hang it up. NOT!!!!!

It's only January 3rd and already I think it's going to be a bad month.

1 comment:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Don't think it in to existing, Treesong. New year, new joys...

Stuff happens. Think of the GOOD stuff... atta girl...

Cygnus