Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adversity Can Either Break You or Strengthen You

Adversity can either break you or strengthen you. And though our one-two-three punch of adversity sounds dismal, we're not really experiencing any real pain.

Being homeless would be painful.

Being truly hungry would be painful.

Being totally alone with no friends or family or a companion would be painful.

Having absolutely no income would be painful.

Having no other resources to either sell, barter, trade or sustain us would be painful.

Having no knowledge or determination to recover from this situation would be painful.

So, when hard times come, remember that adversity is a dress rehearsal for what's coming.

4 comments:

Mayberry said...

That's purty much what it's done for me..... Made me the independent, belligerent snot that I am today! Ha ha!

treesong said...

Nothing wrong with that attitude, especially when dealing with people who would prefer to keep us in line (aka debtors and unquestioning sheeple).

HermitJim said...

Adversity has caused me to decide what the really important things in my life were.

Now I have a warm place to sleep, a roof over my head, food to eat, and a few friends to share ideas and a cup of coffee with!

Happy New Year!

Ken said...

...unrelated to post...HappyNewYear Treesong...from the heart of Dixie to "Up North"...