Monday, May 16, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

My surgery consult today determined I will not have gallbladder surgery.

On the other hand, Sweetie has finally consented to see a physician tomorrow. Since buying an oxygen meter Friday the record of his oxygen and heart rate readings has convinced him he's in dangerous territory.

Today, he got out of his recliner; walked to the coffee pot; poured his coffee & returned to the recliner. Total distance about 20 feet. Readings BEFORE doing so were oxygen 94, heart rate 84. Readings AFTER movement were oxygen 92, heart rate 118.

The oxygen sensor readings have convinced us he has a heart problem that takes precedent over the breathing problem - though they are connected. I am hoping this is a wake up call and that tomorrow will be the beginning of him heading doctor's advice.

2 comments:

Sixbears said...

Getting my lovely wife examined at a Boston Hsp. tomorrow. Not serious now, but want to stay ahead of things.

Tell him to get that fixed while it's still possible to do so. While the medical system is still running, best use it.

Mayberry said...

I feel his pain, hate doctors. I only go if I'm dragged in on a stretcher...