Friday, April 22, 2011

Health Update

Had blood work yesterday and ultrasound today. The technician sure has a firm hand and every time she pressed down I yelped. Doc had ordered ultrasound of gallbladder, liver, kidney, spleen in hopes of getting "an overall picture." I sure hope something is discovered because I feel like I'm bruised.

We planted 24 blue spruce yesterday because the rain had finally quit. Driveway's a mud hole again; no point in mopping floors and we're both aching from the dampness and cold.

Have our motor home up for sale. Several lookers and calls but no greenbacks have come our way yet. We were high bidder in an online repo auction and came home with 26 4x8 sheets of T-1-11 primed siding. There were six extra sheets in the two bundles so that's even more of a savings!

I should know by Wednesday what my ultrasound results are. In the meantime, I'm eating and drinking lots of apple juice. The pain has lessened but the bloating remains. Also discovered what gall stones look like but either there are more in me or something else is going on.

Oh well, one day at a time.

Have a nice weekend everyone and thanks for your suggestions and concern. Treesong

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Damn Tree... I had a big, burly bud on the floor crying like a baby from gall stones once, I know they're some serious stuff... Get well soon my friend.

yikes, word verification is "colonc"...

Sixbears said...

Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon. You can only do what you can do. Don't try and be Superwoman.

Anonymous said...

Take care...hope they find out something soon.
My sis in law has gallstones and they are treating her for a month with something - no surgery - to see if that will take care of it....she is pregnant so I am thinking they may be trying to avoid surgery because of that. And she is spending time on the floor each day from the pain and is throwing up it has lessened so maybe it is working. Their are herbals out there for treatment if you are so inclined. Google can be your best friend at times like this. B.