Saturday, February 26, 2011

Double Attendance

I'm exhausted. I'm excited. I'm encouraged. I'm thankful.

We had twice the attendance today at Drop In For Art at the library. An extra table had been set up so all the donated supplied that I brought today were placed there. Donations are going well but I have lots of duplicates and find I need some specifics. So I've put out a call for certain items.

The kids are asking for specific classes so I told them to go home and ask their friends and family to donate them. Next week I'll distribute more flyers and ask a few business owners to help me out for the sake of local kids.

Meanwhile three people have offered to teach an adult art class: dream catchers, silk scarf painting and wire wrapped jewelry.

Things are looking well but I know that within a month or less we'll need more space. Maybe someone will be inspired to provide a larger space. Miracles do happen.

Meanwhile, I'm going to curl up on the sofa and relax. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful.
What about the church space the one pastor offered....is that available...maybe they have a fairly large hall you could fit several people in.
The adult classes sound like a real learning experience.
Good on ya , Treesong. A one woman whirlwind.....catching people up with her and turning them around. B.