Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just As I Open My Mouth...

Within two hours of my last post the buyer's lawyer finally called. The Purchase Agreement is signed tomorrow and the deposit is wired to our account.

Meanwhile I talked with my Dad's niece downstate and told her the news. She was excited as my Dad is the only elderly family she and her brothers have in Michigan. Dad's sister (her mom) lives in Florida. She too thought it would be good for all of us to have a change of scenery, etc.

The owner of the place we're buying downstate called awhile ago. Just wanted to be sure we're still interested. She's carrying a lot on her shoulders with her upcoming wedding, cleaning out her old home, her fiance's health (he's awaiting a heart transplant) and starting a new part time job.

I assured her we were more than ready to move & told her what we'd already packed. That in itself encouraged her.

And just imagine, Sweetie hasn't seen the place yet!!! Not in person anyway.

In a few days I'll post pictures of our vehicles and the sparse interior areas here.

Thanks all for your comments, Treesong

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Now that is some encouraging news, my friend!

About time you got some really good news, isn't it?

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Well now, sounds as if it couldn't be going better. That is good!
I can hardly believe Sweetie hasn't seen it and you are moving there....he must know it is right too. Along with your dad. B.

Phil said...

Honey, it just breaks my heart that you have to give up what you worked so hard to get.

God bless ya and look after ya while you have to move again.
While you are at it, throw a good fuck at those asshole neighbors of yours on the way out.
I'm sure one good swipe with a back hoe would do the job.

Just a suggestion, cough cough.

Keep us informed honey.

Busted.